Development One Stop Shop: applications and processes

Development applications

You must apply for development consent, also known as a development permit, to subdivide or consolidate land in the Northern Territory (NT).

There are some exemptions, including if you are consolidating or subdividing your pastoral lease, which is dealt with under the Pastoral Land Act.

You must also get development consent where the NT Planning Scheme states that development may only be undertaken with the consent of the consent authority.

Get the development application flowchart PDF (566.0 KB).

Before you apply

You can meet with a planner to get free advice on your application.

You will need to get approval from all owners of the land before you can apply for development.

Landowners registered on the land title may include:

  • owners
  • company directors
  • body corporates.

You will need to attach the below authorisation form to your application.

Landowner authorisation to lodge a development application PDF (676.5 KB)
Landowner authorisation to lodge a development application DOCX (54.6 KB)

How to apply

Go to the Development Applications Online website to fill in your application.

You can find more information there about the application process, fees, and the supporting documents you must submit.

The website will also show you what stage your application is at.

Read more about development and planning fees.

Current applications

To view current development applications open for comment go to the Development Applications Online website.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 05 April 2019

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.