Planning applications and processes
Before you build, renovate or change the use of your land, you should check if you need planning approval.
The following pages provide step-by-step guides to planning application processes.
Main application types
The most common types of planning applications include:
- development permit
- planning scheme amendment request
- exceptional development permit
- concurrent application.
Other application types
Other types of planning applications include:
- planning certificate
- compliance check
- certificate of compliance
- variation of conditions
- alteration permit
- variation to a deemed permit
- extension of time
- extension of abandonment period
- certificate of existing use
- subdivision and consolidation
Last updated: 01 April 2021
Share this page: