Apply for a variation of conditions: exceptional development permit
You can apply for a variation of conditions if you want to make minor changes to the conditions of your exceptional development permit. This includes changes to your endorsed plans.
Before you apply
Before you apply, you will need:
- the exceptional development permit number - beginning with 'EDP'
- owner’s authorisation if you are not the property owner
- details and reasons for the variation
- dimensioned plans that show the proposed variation - as applicable.
How to apply
To apply, follow the steps below:
Step 1. Submit your application
Submit a variation of conditions application through the DAO website.
Step 2. Pay the fee
You must pay an:
- application fee - when the application is initially accepted and
- advertising fee - if the minister places the application on public exhibition.
You can either pay:
- online through the DAO website - the preferred payment method
- in person by cash or card at your nearest planning office.
All fees are non-refundable, even if your application is unsuccessful.
After you apply
Read below to find out what happens after you submit your application.
Processing times for variations to EDP applications can vary because of associated complex issues.
It can take approximately 3 to 6 months for a decision to be made.
However, it can take longer if:
- exhibition is required
- more information is needed or
- the application needs to be deferred or re-exhibited at any stage.
After your application is received, it goes to the minister for consideration.
If advertised, the application will be placed on public exhibition for 28 days.
Last updated: 08 June 2022
Share this page:URL copied!