Apply for a variation of conditions: exceptional development permit
You can apply for a variation of conditions if you want to make minor changes to the conditions of your exceptional development permit. This includes changes to your endorsed plans.
Before you apply
Before you apply, you will need:
- the exceptional development permit number - beginning with 'EDP'
- owner’s authorisation if you are not the property owner
- details and reasons for the variation
- dimensioned plans that show the proposed variation - as applicable.
How to apply
To apply, follow the steps below:
Step 1. Submit your application
Submit a variation of conditions application through the DAO website.
Step 2. Pay the fee
You must pay an:
- application fee - when the application is initially accepted and
- advertising fee - if the minister places the application on public exhibition.
You can either pay:
- online through the DAO website - the preferred payment method
- in person by cash or card at your nearest planning office.
All fees are non-refundable, even if your application is unsuccessful.
After you apply
Read below to find out what happens after you submit your application.
It can take between two to four weeks - where you have provided sufficient evidence to support your application.
A variation to an exceptional development permit may take longer if the minister decides to advertise the application.
If advertised, the application will be placed on public exhibition for 28 days.
Last updated: 19 April 2021
Share this page: