Apply for a compliance check
A compliance check assesses whether a proposed development would comply with the NT Planning Scheme if built.
You might apply for one if you need written confirmation that your permitted use meets the rules.
A successful compliance check provides you with endorsed plans for your development.
If any non-compliant parts of the development are found, you can:
- amend the plans to be compliant or
- submit a development application seeking a variation to scheme requirements.
Before you apply
You will need to provide a set of dimensioned plans of the development.
How to apply
You can apply for a compliance check through the Development Applications Online website.
You will need to pay:
- $326 or
- 20% of the development application fee - whichever is more.
After you apply
Read below to find out what happens after you submit your application.
The processing time is usually between two to three weeks.
The decision maker is:
- Development Consent Authority (within DCA areas) or
- the Minister for Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics (outside of DCA areas).
The administrating branch is Development Assessment Services. Contact a planner.
Last updated: 31 July 2020
Share this page: