Apply for a variation of conditions
You can apply for a variation of conditions if you:
- have a development permit or exceptional development permit and
- want to make minor changes to the conditions including your endorsed plans.
A variation must not:
- alter a measurable aspect of the development by more than 5%
- affect the amenity of adjoining or nearby land
- allow an increase in the number of dwellings.
If the changes are beyond this scope, you must apply for a new development permit.
Before you apply
Before you apply, you will need:
- the development permit number or exceptional development permit number
- owner’s authorisation if you are not the property owner
- details and reasons for the variation
- dimensioned plans that show the proposed variation - as applicable.
For more information about your application requirements, read the variation of conditions lodgement guide.
How to apply
Apply for a variation of conditions through the Development Applications Online website.
You will need to pay:
- $181 or
- 10% of the development application fee - whichever is more.
After you apply
Read below to find out what happens after you submit your application.
It can take between two to four weeks - where you have provided sufficient evidence to support your application.
The decision maker is:
- Development Consent Authority (within DCA areas) or
- the Minister for Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics (outside of DCA areas).
The administrating branch is Development Assessment Services.
Last updated: 31 July 2020
Share this page: