Apply for an extension of time
If you have a development permit or exceptional development permit that will expire soon, you may apply for an extension of time.
You must apply before the permit lapses, otherwise you will need to apply for a new permit.
Before you apply
Before you apply, you will need:
- the development permit number or exceptional permit number
- owner's authorisation - if you are not the property owner
- details and reasons for the extension of time.
How to apply
To apply, follow the steps below:
Step 1. Submit your application
Submit an extension of time application through the DAO website.
Step 2. Pay the fee
You will need to pay an application fee.
You can either pay:
- online through the DAO website - preferred payment method
- in person by cash or card at your nearest planning office.
All fees are non-refundable, even if your application is unsuccessful.
After you apply
Read below to find out what happens after you submit your application.
It takes about two to four weeks.
The decision maker is:
- Development Consent Authority (within DCA areas) or
- the Minister for Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics (outside of DCA areas).
The administrating branch is Development Assessment Services.
Last updated: 19 April 2021
Share this page:URL copied!