Apply for an extension of time
If you have a development permit or exceptional development permit that will expire soon, you may apply for an extension of time.
You must apply before the permit lapses, otherwise you will need to apply for a new permit.
Before you apply
Before you apply, you will need:
- the development permit number or exceptional permit number
- owner's authorisation - if you are not the property owner
- details and reasons for the extension of time.
How to apply
Apply for an extension of time through the Development Applications Online website.
You will need to pay 50% of the:
After you apply
Read below to find out what happens after you submit your application.
It takes about two to four weeks.
The decision maker is:
- Development Consent Authority (within DCA areas) or
- the Minister for Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics (outside of DCA areas).
The administrating branch is Development Assessment Services.
Last updated: 02 October 2020
Share this page: