Apply for an extension of time

If you have a development permit or exceptional development permit that will expire soon, you may apply for an extension of time.

You must apply before the permit lapses, otherwise you will need to apply for a new permit.

Before you apply

Before you apply, you will need:

  • the development permit number or exceptional permit number
  • owner's authorisation - if you are not the property owner
  • details and reasons for the extension of time.

How to apply

To apply, follow the steps below:

Step 1. Submit your application

Submit an extension of time application through the DAO website.

Step 2. Pay the fee

You will need to pay an application fee.

You can either pay:

All fees are non-refundable, even if your application is unsuccessful.

After you apply

Read below to find out what happens after you submit your application.

Processing time

It takes about two to four weeks.

Decision maker

The decision maker is:

  • Development Consent Authority (within DCA areas) or
  • the Minister for Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics (outside of DCA areas).

Administrating branch

The administrating branch is Development Assessment Services.

Contact a planner.

Last updated: 19 April 2021

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!