Apply for a fast-track certificate of compliance
You may be able to apply online for a fast-track certificate of compliance.
A fast-track certificate of compliance does not require a site inspection.
Developments that may be eligible include:
- additions and alterations such as carports, garages, verandahs, shade sails
- change of use such as internal fit out works only
- permitted uses with minor variations ie. variation to building setbacks
- developments in remote locations
- sites that are difficult to access.
Before applying online you will need to:
- get written clearance from service authorities (if applicable)
- take photos of the development
- sign the declaration form.
Get clearance from service authorities
You may need to get written clearance from service authorities confirming the conditions of your development permit have been met.
Your development permit will state if you require clearance from service authorities such as the local council or Power and Water Corporation.
Get the online lodgement guide for a list of service authorities and key contacts:
Take photos of the development
You will need to take photos of your development and provide a written statement or label describing each photo.
The photos must show that the development meets the conditions and endorsed plans issued with your development permit.
You will need to convert the photos to PDF format to upload them online. If you need help to do this contact Development Assessment Services.
Sign the declaration form
You will need to sign the declaration form and include it with your application.
To apply follow these steps:
- Go to the Development Applications Online website to log in or create an account.
- To lodge a new application, click 'create new' and then 'certificate of compliance.'
- Enter the number of the permit you are seeking compliance for and select 'next.' If you have varied the permit, use the most recent variation permit number.
- Check the address details.
- Fill in the applicant and contact details.
- Select a Development Assessment Services office and click 'next.'
- List each condition on the development permit that requires service authority clearance and upload the relevant approval.
- Upload your photos and written statement.
- Review your application and click 'lodge' to submit.
Last updated: 04 April 2019