Land supply and property information
Information about land management, development and how to get land records or titles in the Northern Territory.
- Boundary lines and easements
What are boundary lines, how to find information on boundary lines, different types of easements and how to find information on easements.
- How to transfer land
If you are a land owner and you wish to sell your property, you must apply to transfer the land with a Northern Territory Land Titles Office.
- Land acquisitions
Land acquisitions, compensation and how to appeal
- Land sold for outstanding rates
Land sold for outstanding rates, how properties are sold for outstanding rates, making a claim on money raised from sale of properties for outstanding rates.
- Property taxes
Property taxes, stamp duty and land tax
- Crown land sales
How to buy Crown land.
- Crown land grants for community groups
Find out how community groups can apply for Crown land grants.
- Crown land management
Who manages Crown land, what activities you can do, illegal dumping and how to apply for a permit to discharge a firearm on Crown land.
- Contact a Crown Land Estate office
Contacts for the use and management of Crown land and support with Aboriginal land issues.
- Get land information online
Get land information online, maps, photos, land title searches and NT Atlas.
- How to search for land titles
How to search for land titles in person, by phone or fax, one-off searches and services for professionals
- Search for an NT place or road name
Search the Place Names Register for places, roads, parks and natural features in the NT and read about how they got these names. This information relates to the Place Names Act.
- Land surveys
Information for surveyors and the general public on how to find land survey, and land tenures in the Northern Territory.
- Change your name in the land register
Change your name on your land title, change back to your maiden name and how to get a new certificate.
- Death of a property owner
How to note the death of a sole property owner, tenant in common or joint property owner on a land title.
- Definitions of land title terms
Definitions of land title terms.
- Get a land title certificate
How to apply for a land title certificate, how to replace a lost, mislaid or destroyed land title certificate.
- Land Titles Office: forms and fees
Land Titles Office forms and fees and the Land Titles Office Registrar General's newsletters and Directions.
- Update your address in the land register
Update your address in the land register.
- Who can witness your land titles form
Who can witness your land title form
- Heritage properties: information for owners
Information for owners of heritage properties. Details on rates rebates and heritage grants available along with access to expert advice and guidelines for works
- Heritage Register: nominate a place or object
How to nominate a place or object to the NT Heritage Register.
- Heritage Register: search for places or objects
How to search NT Heritage Register and National and International heritage lists, places with limited or no access