Become a member
To join the Northern Territory (NT) Seniors Recognition Scheme, you must:
- meet the membership and eligibility criteria
- apply online or fill in a membership application
- submit supporting documents to confirm your eligibility and identity.
When to apply
Apply by 1 May each year to receive the prepaid card for the financial year.
If you miss this date and your application is approved:
- you will get your first prepaid card for the next financial year and
- your card will be issued to you after 1 July.
Who can get it
To be eligible for the scheme, you must be:
- aged 65 or older
- a current NT resident and:
- living in the NT for 183 days (six months) of the financial year
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident or
- a temporary visa holder with a valid Medicare card registered to your current NT residential address.
If you meet the eligibility criteria
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply for the scheme.
When you apply, you must provide proof of your identity and residency.
How to apply
If you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you can apply online or by filling in the application below.
If you are a temporary visa resident, you can apply by filling in the application below.
Follow these steps:
Step 1. Fill in an NT Seniors Recognition Scheme membership application .
Step 2. Submit your application by email, mail or in person.
After you apply
It takes 30 days for an application to be processed from when it was received. This is only if you provide all supporting documents.
If your membership is approved, you will be issued with an NT Seniors Recognition Scheme prepaid card. It will then take up to 20 working days for the prepaid card to arrive by post or to your nominated collection point.
As all prepaid cards expire on 30 June each year, new members who are approved after 31 May will not receive a prepaid card for that financial year. The first prepaid card offered will be for the upcoming financial year and will be issued after 1 July.
Last updated: 24 December 2021
Share this page:URL copied!