Become a member
To join the Northern Territory (NT) Seniors Recognition Scheme, you must:
- meet the membership and eligibility criteria
- apply online or fill in a membership application
- submit supporting documents to confirm your eligibility and identity.
Who can get it
To be eligible for the scheme, you must be:
- aged 65 or older
- a current NT resident and:
- living in the NT for 183 days (six months) of the financial year
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident or
- a temporary visa holder with a valid Medicare card registered to your current NT residential address.
Changes to eligibility
From 1 July 2021, temporary visa holders, including those with the New Zealand special category visa, can apply for the NTSRS if they:
- are 65 years or older
- are a current NT resident
- hold a valid Medicare card registered to your current NT residential address.
If you meet the eligibility criteria
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply for the scheme.
When you apply, you must provide proof of your identity and residency.
How to apply
If you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you can apply online or by filling in the application below.
If you are a temporary visa resident, you can apply by filling in the application below.
Follow these steps:
Step 1. Fill in an NT Seniors Recognition Scheme membership application .
Step 2. Submit your application by email, mail or in person.
After you apply
Once your membership is approved, you will be issued with an NT Seniors Recognition Scheme prepaid card.
All prepaid cards expire on 30 June each year.
New Seniors Recognition Scheme members who are approved after 31 May will receive their first prepaid card after 1 July.
Last updated: 15 July 2021
Share this page:URL copied!