Where you can use your card
You can use the Northern Territory (NT) Seniors Recognition Scheme prepaid card at almost any business.
It can be used in store, online or over the phone.
Always select the credit card payment option.
Before you make a purchase
Before you make a purchase, you must activate your prepaid card.
You should also do all of the following:
- know your personal identification number (PIN)
- make sure you have enough money on your card
- if you want to split the payment, tell the business how much you want to use from your card
- always select ‘credit account’ on the EFTPOS machine when using your card in store.
Get more information about your prepaid card including:
- checking your balance
- using your PIN
- reporting a lost or stolen card.
Where you can shop
From 1 July 2021, you can use your card at almost any business. Your card looks and operates like a regular Visa debit card and can be used at most businesses that accept Visa or EFTPOS.
It can be used in store, online or over the phone. Always select the credit card payment option. It is not an ATM card and will not provide you cash.
Some businesses are blocked from accepting the card. Businesses that mainly sell goods in the restricted categories are automatically blocked including:
- alcohol and alcohol products
- direct marketing and door-to-door sales
- gambling products or services
- adult entertainment
- money transfers, gift cards or vouchers that can be transferred for cash or credit.
Find out more about restricted merchant categories.
Read more rules about your card including:
- fees and charges
- terms and conditions
- dispute card payments.
Last updated: 15 July 2021
Share this page:URL copied!