Become a member of the NT Concession Scheme

To join the Northern Territory (NT) Concession Scheme, you must:

  • meet the membership and eligibility criteria
  • apply online or fill in a membership application
  • submit supporting documents to confirm your eligibility and identity.

Who can get it

To be eligible for the scheme, you must:

  • meet the residency requirements
  • receive an eligible Centrelink or a Veterans' Affairs benefit

You must be:

  • a current NT resident
  • an Australian citizen or permanent resident
  • living in the NT for 183 days of the financial year - more than half of the year.

You must be a current recipient of a Centrelink or Veterans' Affairs benefit.


You must receive at least one of the following:

  • Age Pension
  • Disability Support Pension
  • Carer Payment
  • Parenting Payment (single).

Department of Veterans' Affairs

You must receive at least one of the following:

  • Repatriation Health Card TPI or War Widower (gold card)
  • Repatriation Pharmaceuticals Benefits Card (orange card)
  • Pensioner Concession Card (maroon and blue card)
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card (green card).

If you meet the eligibility criteria

If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can apply for the scheme.

When you apply, you must provide proof of your identity and residency.

If your circumstances change, you must inform the NT Concession and Recognition Unit. Read more about the rules of the scheme.

How to apply

You can apply for membership online.

Apply online

Other ways to apply

You can download an application by following the below steps:

Step 1. Fill in an NT Concession Scheme membership application PDF (203.0 KB).

Step 2. Submit your application by email, mail or in person.

Submit your application and copies of your supporting documents to:

NT Concession Scheme
PO Box 37037
Winnellie NT 0821

Submit your application at your nearest customer service centre.

After you apply

It takes 20 working days for an application to be processed from when it was received. This is only if you provide all supporting documents.

Once your membership is approved, you will be issued with a membership card.

You will need to:

  • contact your electricity and water provider with your membership number so that you can start receiving concessions
  • show your membership card to your optometrist and MVR to receive concessions
  • call NTCRU on 1800 777 704 to access your property concessions and/or to claim concession reimbursements.

Find out how to manage your membership.

If your card is lost or stolen, call the NT Concession and Recognition Unit on 1800 777 704.

Last updated: 01 July 2021

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!