Choose someone to act on your behalf

If you join the Northern Territory (NT) Concession Scheme, you can choose someone to act on your behalf.

Who you can choose

You can choose someone you trust such as a:

  • family member
  • partner
  • friend
  • professional, like a doctor or health care worker.

By nominating someone, you are giving them consent to:

  • ask about your eligibility
  • ask about your concessions
  • advise of any changes to your circumstances
  • act on your behalf – for example, submit claims.

The nominated person can’t do any of the following:

  • make changes to your information including your:
    • address
    • contact details
    • personal banking details
  • fill in forms on your behalf
  • directly or indirectly benefit from having this authority eg. they can’t receive concessions or payments which you are entitled to.

A nominated person can only do the above if they have authority through any of the following:

  • power of attorney
  • court or tribunal
  • guardianship
  • administration order.

How to apply

To nominate someone, follow these steps:

Step 1. You and your nominee must fill in the authorising a person to enquire/act on your behalf form PDF (229.7 KB).

Step 2. Submit the form by email, by mail or in person.

Submit your form to:

NT Concession Scheme
PO Box 37037
Winnellie NT 0821

Submit your form at your nearest customer service centre.

Other ways to nominate someone

You can also nominate someone to act on your behalf under:

  • a power of attorney
  • an advance personal plan
  • an adult guardianship order.

Change or cancel your arrangement

You can request to change or cancel the nomination at any time.

Contact the NT Concession and Recognition Unit on 1800 777 704 or visit your nearest customer service centre.

Last updated: 15 June 2020

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!