Manage your membership

To remain a member of the Northern Territory (NT) Concession Scheme, you must:

  • complete membership confirmation annually and
  • keep your details up to date.

If you join the scheme, you can also choose someone to act on your behalf.

Renew annual membership

You must renew your annual membership every year. Doing this will confirm that you still meet the scheme’s eligibility criteria.

You will be notified by your preferred communication method when your next annual membership confirmation is due.

Routine checks

Territory Families carries out routine eligibility checks.

If you no longer meet the eligibility criteria, your membership will be cancelled.

Membership might also be cancelled if you:

  • don't complete the annual membership confirmation
  • don't meet the NT residency requirements
  • pass away
  • act fraudulently
  • breach the member rights and responsibilities.

If your membership is cancelled, you can appeal the decision in writing by mail or email.

NT Concession Scheme
PO Box 37037
Winnellie  NT 0821

Update your details

You must keep your membership details up to date and contact us as soon as possible if your circumstances change.

This includes changes to your personal information and contact details.

You should tell us to make sure you:

  • get the right concession amounts
  • get paid on time
  • don’t miss important information.

If you move house or sell your home, you must complete a change of address request.

If you receive electricity or water concessions, your address will be updated once your utility provider sends you the final bill for your current property.

Remember to notify your provider that you have moved and need to:

  • transfer your services or
  • close your account.

You should tell us if you live with someone who is also a scheme member.

This will ensure you get the right concessions and payments applied to your bills.

If you move away or leave the NT for more than six months, you will no longer be eligible for the schemes.

This can result in overpayment, which you would have to pay back.

Tell us if you no longer meet the eligibility requirements.

Tell us as soon as possible if your bank account details change so we can pay you your reimbursements.

If you don’t update your bank account details, you may not receive your payment.

If you think you have been overpaid or underpaid, tell us and we will investigate.

Tell us if there are changes to your Centrelink or Veterans’ Affairs payments. Changes to your payments may affect your eligibility for the NT Concession Scheme.

Tell us if you have a new email or postal address so you don’t miss important information about your membership.

You can choose your preferred method of contact.

Members of the NT Concession Scheme can get spectacles every two years for their dependants (under the age of 16).

Tell us if you have a dependant living with you. Once listed in the system, they will be able to get spectacle concessions through an approved optical vendor.

Last updated: 22 July 2020

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!