Arts, culture and heritage
Find out about the arts sector, heritage sites, libraries and museums in the Northern Territory.
- Arts and Culture Grants Program guidelines
Guidelines you must meet for the NT Arts Grants Program if you are an artist, group or organisation.
- Arts and culture arts project grants
Apply for an arts project grant to research, develop or create new work and arts projects.
- Arts and culture creative fellowship grants
Apply for a grant for research, professional development, skills exchanging and mentoring.
- Arts and culture industry development grant
Apply for a grant to increase the capacity, profile and employment of artists with a disability.
- Arts and culture professional development grant
Apply for funding to support professional development and showcasing opportunities for artists and arts workers.
- Arts and culture COVID-19 recovery program
Apply for funding to create digital content, develop digital production skills and explore new ways to engage with audiences.
- Apply for a heritage grant
Learn how to access funding for conservation work to places that are listed on the NT Heritage Register.
- Apply for an NT history grant
Get a grant to support original research about NT history.
- Apply for a regional museums grant
Regional museums in the Northern Territory can get funding to enhance or preserve heritage-related projects, collections or exhibitions.
- How to acknowledge grant funding
Acknowledge the arts grant support you get.
- Contact Arts NT
Information on contact details for Arts NT.
- Territory Day
Find out about Territory Day, including information on fireworks.
- Arts events
Find information about arts events in the Northern Territory.
- Chief Minister's Northern Territory History Book Award
The Chief Minister's Northern Territory (NT) History Book Award is for the most significant historical book about the NT.
- Northern Territory Literary Awards
The Northern Territory Literary Awards honour the best writing in several categories.
- Portrait of a Senior Territorian Award
The Portrait of a Senior Territorian Award and exhibition celebrates the contributions of senior Territorians and recognises Territory artists.
- Find a library in the NT
Get information about public libraries in the Northern Territory. City of Darwin libraries. Darwin Library, Casuarina Library, Alice Springs Library, regional libraries.
- Search all NT library collections
Search for books, magazines and many other items in the collections of all the libraries in the Northern Territory.
- Search the NT Archives
Search for Northern Territory history and archives.
- Search for Northern Territory history
Learn how to search for family history, people, heritage sites, or historic events in the Northern Territory.
- Access NT Cabinet records
Find out how to access Cabinet records at the NT Archives Centre.
- Aboriginal heritage information
Get information about the diverse range of Aboriginal places and rules for their protection.
- Maritime heritage
Find out about maritime heritage and protected zones for shipwrecks in the Northern Territory.
- Tiwi Islands
Organise a cultural tour of the Tiwi Islands with a local Aboriginal guide.
- Working with children in the arts
Rules you must follow if you want to work with children in the arts in the Northern Territory.
- Professional filming in the NT
For information for professional film projects in the Northern Territory go to the Screen Territory website.
- Arts peer nominations
Nominate yourself or someone else to use your knowledge and experience in the arts to become an arts peer and advise the Northern Territory Government about arts or arts issues.
- Working with Indigenous cultural content
Information for people applying for a grant that involves Indigenous arts and cultural practices.