NXT Gen ARTS: Become a host organisation
Register for an information session
If you're interested in applying for an Arts and Culture grant, you can attend an information session.
To register or for more information, go to the Department of Territory Families, Housing and Communities website.
If you're a Northern Territory (NT) not-for-profit arts organisation or creative industry business, you can apply to become a host organisation for the NXT Gen ARTS program.
The program provides up to $13,000 to support early career artists and arts workers through an arts placement. The placement is for 3 months with an established arts organisation or creative business.
Up to $10,000 per placement will cover artist fees, and up to $3,000 will support the host organisation's administration fees.
It provides an opportunity for you to:
- mentor the next generation of young artists and arts workers
- evaluate the suitability of young artists or workers as a future employee
- contribute to the goals of the creative industries strategy.
Who can apply
To be eligible, you must:
- be registered and based in the NT
- have an annual turnover of at least $75,000
- have been established for more than 5 years.
Creative industry businesses must fall into the categories listed in the NT’s creative industries strategy. To find out more, go to the Department of Territory Families, Housing and Communities website.
How to apply
To apply, follow these steps:
Step 1. Fill in an expression of interest form.
Step 2. Submit the form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 17 October 2022.
After you apply
If you haven't got a confirmed artist, Arts NT will contact you to discuss possible options for you.
Placements are expected to start from 30 January 2023 and finish by 2 June 2023.
You must complete a placement plan with the applicant, which will form part of their application on GrantsNT. You must also hold appropriate insurance and provide a certificate of currency.
As part of the placement, you must provide the following to the successful applicant:
- induction to the workplace with information on:
- code of conduct
- lines of reporting
- relevant policies and procedures including health and safety.
- training required to support the professional practice experience - eg. MS Excel, MS Word, social media workshops
- mentoring and feedback throughout the placement
- written reference to the applicant after they complete the placement.
Regular monthly check-ins will take place through workplace visits to ensure the applicant's wellbeing.
To view videos from 2021 NXT Gen ARTS placements, go to the Channel NT website.
For help or more information, contact Arts NT.
Last updated: 07 October 2022
Share this page:URL copied!