NXT Gen ARTS: Become a host organisation
If you're a Northern Territory (NT) not-for-profit arts organisation or creative industry business, you can apply to become a host organisation for the NXT Gen ARTS program.
The program provides up to $10,000 to support early career artists and arts workers through a three-month placement with an established arts organisation or creative business.
It provides an opportunity for you to:
- mentor the next generation of young artists and arts workers
- evaluate the suitability of young artists or workers as a future employee
- contribute to the goals of the creative industries strategy.
Artist and arts worker fees are covered by the grant.
Who can apply
To be eligible, you must:
- be registered and based in the NT
- have an annual turnover of at least $75,000
- have been established for more than five years.
Creative industry businesses must fall into the categories listed in the NT’s creative industries strategy. To find out more, go to the Department of Territory Families, Housing and Communities website.
How to apply
To apply, follow these steps:
Step 1. Fill in an expression of interest form .
Step 2. Submit the form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 29 October 2021.
After you apply
Arts NT will contact you to discuss possible placements for you.
Placements are expected to start from 1 February 2022.
You must complete a placement plan with the applicant, which will form part of their application on GrantsNT.
As part of the placement, you must provide the following to the successful applicant:
- induction to the workplace with information on:
- code of conduct
- lines of reporting
- relevant policies and procedures guiding the organisations
- occupational health and safety policies and procedures
- training required to support the professional practice experience - eg. MS Excel, MS Word, social media workshops
- mentoring and feedback throughout the placement
- written reference to the applicant after completion of the placement.
Regular monthly check-ins will take place through workplace visits to ensure the applicant's wellbeing.
For help or more information, contact Arts NT.
Last updated: 18 October 2021
Share this page:URL copied!