Public transport and cycling
How to get around by bus, bike or ferry.
- Bus safety
Information on how to report an incident on a bus, the role of a transit officer and CCTV systems on buses and at interchanges.
- Contact a public or school bus provider
Contact details for public bus and school bus services.
- Lost property on a bus
Who to contact if you have lost or forgotten your belongings on a bus.
- Bus interchanges
Address and contact details for public bus interchanges.
- Catching a bus in a rural area
Catching public or school buses in a rural area including advice on choosing a suitable location for an informal bus stop.
- Transit officers
The role and responsibilities of transit officers and how they operate within the NT public bus system.
- Banning notices
A notice that bans passengers from entering or remaining on a bus, bus stop or bus interchange.
- Smoke-free public transport areas
Smoking ban in public transport areas in Northern Territory, including maps of smoke-free areas.
- Alice Springs public bus timetables and maps
Public bus timetables and maps for Alice Springs.
- Darwin and Palmerston public bus timetables and maps
Public bus timetables and maps for Darwin and Palmerston.
- Bus tickets and fares
Check how much a bus ticket costs and if you are eligible for a concession fare.
- Public bus alerts and route changes
Information on changes to bus routes and timetables.
- Proposed public bus changes
Information on future changes and proposed improvements.
- Journey planner
Plan your public bus trip with the online bus journey planner.
- NT Bus Tracker app
Real-time information that tracks your bus on a map.
- Special event bus services
Special event buses for New Year's Eve, Royal Darwin Show and Anzac Day.
- Rules for catching a public bus
Rules for travelling on public buses and at bus interchanges in the Northern Territory.
- School bus alerts and route changes
Information on unexpected or temporary changes to school bus routes and timetables.
- Alice Springs school bus directions and maps
School bus timetables and maps for the Alice Springs region.
- Darwin and Palmerston school bus directions and maps
School bus timetables and maps for the Darwin area.
- Katherine school bus directions and maps
School bus timetables and maps for the Katherine region.
- Rules for catching a school bus
Code of conduct for students and information for parents and caregivers.
- Cycling and walking
Information about cycling in Darwin, Palmerston, Katherine and Tennant Creek including cycle path maps, bicycle enclosures and reporting a cycle path fault.
- Report a bike path fault
Report potholes, hazards, debris or other faults in Darwin, Palmerston, Katherine or Tennant Creek.
- Access a secure bike enclosure
Access secure bike enclosures at selected bus interchanges with an access key.
- Bus and taxi assistance
Getting around and using buses and taxis.
- Transport subsidy and incentive schemes
Learn what transport subsidy schemes and incentives are available for people with a disability in the Northern Territory.
- Free bus for Palmerston seniors and mobility impaired
How to book a free hospital shuttle bus for seniors and mobility impaired Palmerston residents.
- Mobility aid safety on a bus
Information on priority seating and where to place your wheelchair.
- Using a mobility aid on a bus
Information on the size and weight restrictions for wheelchairs, scooters and mobility aids on public buses.