- Apply for NT livestock loading scheme permit
You can apply for a NT livestock loading scheme permit so you can transport specific densities where increased load limits are not acceptable under normal circumstances.
- Apply or cancel heavy vehicle upgrade
How to apply to upgrade your heavy vehicle, or how to cancel your upgrade.
- Apply to operate innovative combination
How to apply for approval to operate an innovative vehicle combination.
- Buying and selling a heavy vehicle
When buying a heavy vehicle, you can transfer the registration to your name if you are the registered owner, or the nominated operator and have written authority to do so.
- Heavy vehicle accreditation and driving interstate
Information on registering your heavy vehicle in the NT, including driving across state borders.
- Securing loads for heavy vehicles over 12 tonnes
Using tarpaulins, load covers and load nets to restrain a load in a heavy vehicle over 12 tonnes.
- Transporting concrete panels
How to restrain and transport heavy tilt-up precast concrete panels in a heavy vehicle.
- Heavy vehicle inspection standards
Minimum requirements for heavy vehicle standards for a heavy vehicle to pass registration, including the Northern Territory inspection manual for heavy vehicles.
- Heavy vehicle modifications
How to conform to safety standards when modifying heavy vehicles in the Northern Territory, including applying to modify your heavy vehicle.
- Oversize or overmass vehicles
Guide to oversize or over mass vehicles, including dimension and mass limits and recommended routes.
- Register an imported heavy vehicle
To register an imported heavy vehicle in the NT you may need a vehicle import approval issued by the Federal Government, steering conversion modifications, engineering certification if required and a roadworthy inspection.
- Register your heavy vehicle in the NT
How to register your heavy vehicle in the NT, application forms and information about national heavy vehicle plates.
- Renew or cancel your heavy vehicle registration
How you can renew or cancel your heavy vehicle registration online, by phone, mail or in person at an MVR office.
- Road train routes
Maps of the recommended routes for road trains around Darwin.
- Heavy vehicle theory test
Find out how to sit a heavy vehicle theory test
- Check the weight of your heavy vehicle
Find out how to check the weight of your heavy vehicle, including locations of weighbridges.
- Where to stop and assemble your heavy vehicle
Rules for using the Truck Central Darwin road train assembly area.
- Heavy vehicle registration fees
Information on heavy vehicle fees in the Northern Territory.