Renew or cancel your heavy vehicle registration

Renew registration

To renew your registration, your vehicle must pass a roadworthy inspection every 12 months.

If your vehicle doesn't need an inspection, you can renew your registration now.

Cancel registration

The registration of a heavy vehicle may be cancelled by:

  • the registered owner
  • or an authorised agent acting on behalf of the registered owner.

You can fill in and submit an M01 form application for refund on your registration PDF (352.7 KB) 

You will also have to surrender the vehicle's number plates to the MVR.

The nominated operator can't receive a refund of the remaining registration unless they have the written authority of the registered owner.

Last updated: 17 February 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.