Commercial and private agent licences
How to apply for a licence
Find out how to apply for a licence to carry out business as a commercial or private agent in the Northern Territory.
Before you apply
Decide whether you want to apply as an individual, corporation or under mutual recognition.
You should only apply for mutual recognition if you are licensed in another Australian state or territory.
You can apply for a three-year or five-year licence. A licence will expire on the anniversary of the date it was issued.
After you decide what type of application you will make, you will need to advertise your intention to apply for a licence.
You must also get a police history check.
You will need to pay fees and a bond when you apply for a licence - check the fees and bonds.
How to apply
You can apply for a commercial or private agent licence:
- by mail, email, fax, or in person.
To apply and pay for your licence online, go to Licensing NT Online.
By mail, email, fax, or in person
To apply by mail, email, fax, or in person, follow these steps.
Step 1. Fill in one of these forms:
- to apply as an individual, use the application for a licence by a natural person form
- to apply as a corporation, use the application for a licence by a corporation form
- to apply for mutual recognition, use the application for a licence under mutual recognition form
- if you apply as a corporation, you also need to fill in an application for approval for an agent manager form
You can also get these forms at a Territory Business Centre.
Step 2. Attach supporting documents.
Step 3. Pay the fee and submit the form at your nearest Territory Business Centre.
Last updated: 02 December 2016
Share this page:URL copied!