Commercial and private agent licences
Who needs a licence
You need a licence to work as a commercial agent, inquiry agent, process server or private bailiff in the Northern Territory.
- locate or seize items subject to a hire purchase agreement or bill of sale
- collect or request payment of debts
- get evidence for legal proceedings
- search for missing persons on behalf of someone else
- seize goods to recover rates, taxes or money
- carry out legal processes as the result of a judgement or court order.
- getting information about a person's character, actions, business or occupation
- collecting evidence for legal proceedings
- searching for missing persons on behalf of someone else.
Last updated: 11 March 2016
Share this page:URL copied!