Cruise or walk the gorge famous for its towering sandstone cliffs and rock art sites
Nitmiluk (also known as Katherine Gorge) is a 13 gorge system that meanders around the Katherine River in Nitmiluk National Park.
You can experience the gorge by:
- mountain bike riding
Check if the site is open
Nitmiluk Visitor Centre
The Nitmiluk Visitor Centre is located at the entrance to Nitmiluk Gorge.
The centre has a cafe, souvenir shop and cultural displays.
Book boat tours, helicopter flights and canoe trips at the centre.
Opening hours vary. Find out more on the Nitmiluk Tours website.
- Canoe and camp the gorge - hire a canoe from the visitor centre and camp along the Katherine River.
- Bushwalk and camp the gorge - take a few days to meander around the gorge.
- Discover the gorge from the air by booking a helicopter tour.
- Take a boat tour along the gorge.
- Fish the gorge (lures only).
- Take a short walk around the bushlands near the visitor centre.
- Bring your mountain bike and ride the trails.
Read more about:
AddressGorge Road, Nitmiluk
Contact08 8973 8821
Prepare and stay safe in parks and reserves. Check forecast temperatures before you visit.
- Ranger station
- Disabled access
- Information signs
- Public toilets
- Gas BBQ
- Drinking water
- Cultural art
- Mountain bike
Last updated: 07 March 2022
Share this page:URL copied!