Overseas qualification assessment

If you have an overseas tertiary or higher education qualification, you can get it assessed to see how it compares to similar Australian qualifications.

To have a qualification assessed for its academic status or professional standard so you can get admitted into a course of study, contact the appropriate university, professional body or registration authority.

To read more about skills assessments for migration, including information about visa requirements, go to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.

If you live in the Northern Territory

Residents of the Territory can get their overseas qualifications assessed at the Darwin-based Skills Recognition Centre.

This is a free service.

Find out more on the Skills Recognition Centre website.

If you live in another state or territory

You can find a list of organisations that assess qualifications on the Australian Government's Department of Education website.

Last updated: 31 March 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.