Buy local industry advocate
A buy local industry advocate is an independent link between local business and the Northern Territory Government.
The advocate will:
- provide an independent advocacy function
- focus on promoting the buy local principles to both industry and government
- provide an audit and assurance role about government procurement
- track the effectiveness of the buy local plan, including monitoring for unintended consequences.
As a member of the Procurement Review Board, they also chair a subcommittee focusing on buy local policies.
The advocate will investigate complaints from industry and conduct audits on the awarding and implementation of contracts.
They will ensure that:
- Territory enterprises have full, fair and reasonable opportunities to compete for government contracts
- value for Territory is considered in all aspects of government contracting
- promotes the adoption of buy local principles by industry.
Denys Stedman is the Buy Local Industry Advocate.
Contact the Buy Local Industry Advocate by calling 08 8999 7799 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 28 June 2018