School road safety resources
It is important that teachers and other educators teach children about road safety to keep them safe on all Northern Territory (NT) roads.
Road safety teacher resources
The Safer Roads teacher resources provide teachers with teaching and learning strategies so they can integrate a road safety program in their classroom.
These resources are evidence-based and provide an outcome focused on the curriculum to the NT Curriculum Framework and National Curriculum.
Early childhood teacher resource for students in transition to year three
Primary years teacher resource for students in year three to six
Middle years teacher resource for students in year seven to 12
Road safety around schools guidelines
The guidelines for road safety around schools are for any of the following:
- teachers and school staff
- school councils
- school road safety committee members
- school occupational health and safety committee members
- local road authorities
- other interested community groups.
The guidelines provide information on:
- road safety problems and solutions
- how to organise further assistance for road safety
- road safety for schools in remote communities. .
Road safety activity sheets for children
You can teach students about road safety and pedestrian rules using the below home activity sheets.
Bike and off-road safety
Last updated: 28 November 2017