Heavy vehicle fees
The fees and charges provided for heavy vehicles are subject to change at any time without notice.
For confirmation of exact fees and charges of registration, contact the MVR.
Find heavy vehicle fees for all of the below:
- Converter dolly and dog trailer
- B-Double trailer
- Livestock loading scheme fees
- Pig trailers
- Prime mover hauling one, two or more semi-trailers
- Prime mover upgrade of configuration
- Rigid trucks
- Rigid trucks upgrade of configuration
- Semi trailers
- Special purpose vehicle
Temporary licences to drive an unregistered vehicle
For vehicles under 4.5 tonnes gross vehicle mass (GVM) or aggregate trailer mass (ATM) - $48.20.
For vehicles over 4.5 tonnes GVM/ATM - $34.20 + 1/52 of the annual registration charge.
Oversize load pilot operator fee
Application for renewal fee - $24.
Last updated: 10 July 2019