From 1 August 2019, new road rules will apply in the Northern Territory (NT).
To find out more, go to the Towards Zero Road Safety NT website.
This page has information on drivers licences in the Northern Territory.
- Apply for your driver licence history
How to apply for a search of your driver licence or address history details.
- Change your name and contact details: driver licence
How to change your name and contact details on your driver licence.
- Renew your driver licence
How to renew your driver licence in the Northern Territory.
- Replace your driver licence if lost, stolen or damaged
How to replace a driver licence if it is lost, stolen or damaged.
- NT residents: apply for long term traveller licence
How to apply for a long term traveller licence if you are a Northern Territory resident.
- Evidence of identity and residency: licence and registration
How to prove your identity and residency when you apply for or change your driver licence or vehicle registration.
- Get your driver licence
Step-by-step guide on how to get your learner driver licence, provisional driver licence and open driver licence.
- Get your motorbike licence
Step-by-step guide to getting your rider licence in the Northern Territory.
- Get your heavy vehicle licence
How to get your heavy vehicle licence, including what type of heavy licence you need and how to apply.
- Driver licences for remote residents
Step-by-step guide on how to get your driver licence if you live in a remote community.
- Road Users' Handbook
Read the road rules and driving skills for all drivers in the Northern Territory.
- Motorcycle Riders' Handbook
Read the road rules before applying for your motorcycle licence in the Northern Territory.
- Heavy Vehicle Drivers' Handbook
Read the road rules before applying for your heavy vehicle licence in the Northern Territory.
- Learner Drivers' Guide
Read the road rules before applying for your learner driver licence in the Northern Territory.
- Licence classes and conditions
Information on licence conditions for driver licences and rider licences, including learned approved motorcycles (LAMS).
- Apply for an international driving permit
How to apply for an overseas driver licence.
- Medical fitness to drive
Guide to driving with a disability or medical condition.
- Apply for NT evidence of age card
How to apply for a NT evidence of age card.
- Driver licence suspension and disqualification
What happens when your driver licence is suspended due to unpaid fines.
- Driver licence rules for new NT residents and visiting drivers
Driver and rider licence rules for new residents and visiting drivers to the Northern Territory.
- Transfer your interstate or overseas licence
How to transfer your interstate or overseas licence to a Northern Territory licence.