This page has information on drivers licences in the Northern Territory.
- Apply for your driver licence history
How to apply for a search of your driver licence or address history details.
- Change your name and contact details: driver licence
How to change your name and contact details on your driver licence.
- Renew your driver licence
How to renew your driver licence in the Northern Territory.
- Replace your driver licence if lost, stolen or damaged
How to replace a driver licence if it is lost, stolen or damaged.
- NT residents: apply for long term traveller licence
How to apply for a long term traveller licence if you are a Northern Territory resident.
- Evidence of identity and residency: licence and registration
How to prove your identity and residency when you apply for or change your driver licence or vehicle registration.
- Get your driver licence
Step-by-step guide on how to get your learner driver licence, provisional driver licence and open driver licence.
- Get your motorbike licence
Step-by-step guide to getting your rider licence in the Northern Territory.
- Driver licences for remote residents
Step-by-step guide on how to get your driver licence if you live in a remote community.
- NT Motorcycle Riders' Handbook
Learn the motorcycle road rules in the Northern Territory.
- Licence classes and conditions
Information on licence conditions for driver licences and rider licences, including learned approved motorcycles (LAMS).
- Apply for an international driving permit
How to apply for an overseas driver licence.
- NT Road Users' Handbook
Read The NT Road Users' Handbook, containing road rules and driving skills for all drivers.
- Medical fitness to drive
Guide to driving with a disability or medical condition.
- Apply for NT evidence of age card
How to apply for a NT evidence of age card.
- Driver licence suspension and disqualification
What happens when your driver licence is suspended due to unpaid fines.
- NT Learner Drivers' Guide
Read the road rules before applying for your learner driver licence.
- Driver licence rules for new NT residents and visiting drivers
Driver and rider licence rules for new residents and visiting drivers to the Northern Territory.
- Transfer your interstate or overseas licence
How to transfer your interstate or overseas licence to a Northern Territory licence.
- Should I be driving: things to look for
Checklist to test your ability to drive.
- Eyesight tests
Eyesight test requirements due to deteriorating vision or health conditions affecting vision.
- Medical fitness to drive
Information on driving skills, national fitness to drive guidelines and medical assessments for drivers with health problems.
- Staying safe on the roads
Road users' handbook and driving safety checklist.
- Senior discounts and concessions
Financial assistance on licence and registry fees for senior concession card holders and free driver licence renewal.
- Renew your driver licence and registration
How seniors can renew their driver licence or vehicle registration.
- Transport for people with disability
Accessible parking, taxi subsidy scheme and getting around with a disability.