Apply for an international driving permit

If you're planning on driving or hiring a car overseas, you should get an international driving permit (IDP).

In many countries, it's a requirement. Your Australian driver licence may not be enough to ensure you can drive or hire a car in another country.

You can apply for an IDP through the Automobile Association of the Northern Territory (AANT).

To find out how to apply for a permit, go to the the AANT website.

Last updated: 09 October 2018

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!