Find out about safety requirements or report an incident or hazard.
Changes to ports legislation
Legislation about ports management has been amended. You can read more about the changes on the DIPL website.
- Safety guide for recreational boating
Safety regulations for recreational boating and take the boating quiz to test your boat safety knowledge in the Northern Territory.
- Indigenous maritime safety
Get the latest information on recreational safety in this easy to read guide.
What flares you need, how to store them and how to dispose of out of date flares.
- Boat safety during cyclone season
Cyclone safety information for boat owners and operators.
- Notice to mariners
Notices to Mariners (NtM) issued about mariner safety matters in Northern Territory waters.
- Regional harbourmaster's directions and notices
Advice and instructions for ships’ masters, agents and owners.
- Install and use a buoy mooring in Darwin
Apply for a permit to install and use a buoy mooring.
- Report a boat accident, incident or death
When and how to report a boat accident or incident on the water.
- Report a navigational hazard
How to report navigational dangers on the water.
- Report marine pollution
How to report marine pollution to authorities.
- Report a defect to a navigation aid
Information for mariners about reporting defects to navigation aids.