Report marine pollution
All boat and ship operators must immediately report marine pollution in Northern Territory (NT) waters to the authorities.
- fuel, sludge or oil refuse, spills or leaks
- noxious liquid or substances including chemicals, paint and fertiliser
- harmful substances in packaging including rubbish.
You may also be asked to submit a harmful substances report.
Read the Marine Pollution Regulations 2003.
You can report marine pollution through any of the following options:
You can report pollution by contacting the nearest port authority on VHF radio.
By phone, fax or email
You can also report it by phone, fax or email to your nearest authority below.
All NT regions
How to submit a harmful substances report
When you report marine pollution to the nearest authority, you may be requested within 24 hours to also submit one of the following reports:
- Harmful substances report - oil
- Harmful substances report - noxious liquid substances
- Harmful substances report - packaged harmful substances .
In your report, you must provide information to every detail listed.
Last updated: 25 September 2020
Share this page: