Report a navigational hazard

Recreational and commercial marine operators must report all navigational dangers on the water.

You must report a navigational hazard to other ships and boats in the area.

You should also report the navigational hazard to all of the following:

You must include the position and nature of the danger and any additional information about the hazard. If possible and appropriate, you should include photos of the danger in your report.

In addition you can also make a report by filling in the online form called a hydrographic note at the Australian Department of Defence website.

For more information read the Marine Act 1981.

Last updated: 21 February 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.