Radiation licences for medical and dental practitioners


You need a radiation licence to use x-ray equipment. The criteria you must meet to get a radiation licence will vary depending on your qualifications, experience and the type of work you do.

This section has radiation licence information for:

This section also explains how to monitor your exposure to radiation.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 08 September 2017

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.