Radiation licences for medical and dental practitioners
Radiation therapists must be licensed to use radiation equipment.
Before you apply
You must provide evidence of one of the following:
- registration with the Medical Radiation Practice Board of Australia under the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- statement of accreditation in therapeutic radiography from Australian Institute of Radiography (AIR)
- certificate of competency in therapeutic radiography from the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCR) and AIR joint board
- diploma of qualification in therapeutic radiography issued by the RANZCR and AIR joint board.
How to apply
To apply follow these steps.
Step 1. Fill in the application form for a licence to the Chief Health Officer.
Step 2. Check the fee.
Step 3. Submit your application and fee in one of the following ways:
Submit your application and fee at your nearest Receiver of Territory Monies Office.
Email or mail
Phone the Receiver of Territory monies and pay the fee by credit card.
Enter your payment receipt number on the application form and do one of the following:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- mail to
Department of Health
PO Box 40596
Casuarina NT 0811
Last updated: 15 June 2021
Share this page:URL copied!