Radiation licences for medical and dental practitioners

Nuclear medicine technologists

You need a radiation licence to work in nuclear medicine.

Before you apply

To get a radiation licence for nuclear medicine, you must provide evidence of one of the following:

  • registration with the Medical Radiation Practice Board of Australia under the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
  • a statement of accreditation by the Australian and New Zealand Society of Nuclear Medicine (ANZSNM)
  • a provisional statement of accreditation from ANZSNM.

How to apply 

To apply follow these steps.

Step 1. Fill in the application for a licence to the Chief Health Officer.
Step 2. Check the fee.
Step 3. Submit your application and fee in one of the following ways: 

In person

Submit your application and fee at your nearest Receiver of Territory Monies Office

Email, fax or mail

Phone the Receiver of Territory monies on (08) 8943 6219 and pay the fee by credit card. 

Enter your payment receipt number on the application form and do one of the following:

  • email to envirohealth@nt.gov.au
  • fax to (08) 8922 7334
  • mail to
    Radiation Protection
    Department of Health
    PO Box 40596
    Casuarina NT 0811

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 08 March 2016

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.