Radiation licences for medical and dental practitioners


If you are a chiropractor you need a radiation licence to use x-ray equipment.

Before you apply

You must be registered as a chiropractor with the Chiropractic Board of Australia under the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).

You also need to have completed one of the following:

  • graduated in Chiropractic from RMIT University, Bundoora, Victoria - forerunner to Phillip Institute of Technology
  • graduated in Chiropractic from Macquarie University, New South Wales - forerunner to Sydney College of Chiropractic
  • received satisfactory assessment by RMIT University or Macquarie University - if you trained as a chiropractor overseas.

How to apply

To apply follow these steps.

Step 1. Fill in the application for a licence to the Chief Health Office
Step 2. Check the fee.
Step 3. Submit your application and fee in one of the following ways:

In person

Submit your application and fee at your nearest Receiver of Territory Monies Office.

Email or mail

Phone the Receiver of Territory monies and pay the fee by credit card.

Enter your payment receipt number on the application form and do one of the following:


For more information contact Radiation Protection by phone on 08 8922 7152 or email at radiationprotection@nt.gov.au.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 15 June 2021

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!