Vehicle modifications

Engineering certification

Some vehicle modifications and some imported vehicles may need engineering certification. You will have to contact an approved engineer and pay a fee that is set by the private business.

The following list contains engineers who are recognised in the Northern Territory (NT) and may undertake technical assessments and issue certificates for modifications.

Company Area Contact
Acer Forester Darwin Pty Ltd, Consulting Engineers Darwin and Alice Springs

Brian Forester (FIE Aust, CPEng)

Phone: 08 8981 1888
Fax: 08 8941 2253
Suite 3/3 Whitfield Street, Darwin NT 0800
GPO Box 651, Darwin NT 0801

Omega Operations Darwin

Daly Kelly (MIE, Aust, CPEng)

Phone: 0407 101 089
Unit 6/10 Aristos Place, Winnellie NT 0820

Jack deVries, Consulting Engineer Darwin Jack deVries (CPEng)

Phone: 0429 476 314
United Service Station Complex 
Shop 2/187 Bagot Road, Ludmilla NT 0820 
GPO Box 2110 Darwin NT 0801
Rustycan Engineering Darwin Russell Henry (BEng, Grad IE Aust)

Phone: 0449 500 285
Everett’s Mechanical & Corrosion Consulting
Rana Everett (BEng)
Phone: 0457 479 928

In most cases, the NT will recognise certification that is provided by an interstate engineer provided the engineer is already recognised or approved in their home state or territory by the relevant motor vehicle registration authority.

More information

For more information get a copy of the following:

V79 Northern Territory engineering signatory scheme PDF (1.0 MB)

V83 Recognised engineering signatories PDF (149.0 KB)

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 08 July 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.