Apply to register your heavy vehicle
Before you apply to register your heavy vehicle you will need:
- a roadworthy inspection report
- a compliance check if seeking first time registration in the NT or for vehicle identity validation
- to fill in an R11 form Application to register a vehicle .
How to apply
Submit your completed form, roadworthy inspection report and compliance check (if needed) at a MVR office.
You will then have to pay a heavy vehicle registration fee - by cash, EFTPOS, Visa or MasterCard.
You can pay your registration for a period of:
- three months
- six months
- nine months
- 12 months.
The registration certificate will show the following information:
- name and garage or postal address of nominated operator
- name and address of registered owner/s if different to nominated operator.
You can email your completed completed form and compliance check (if needed) to email@example.com.
MVR will call you for your credit card details to pay the heavy vehicle registration fee.
You can register your vehicle by mail if you send your application form, the original inspection report and compliance check (if needed) to:
Department of Transport
GPO Box 530
Darwin NT 0801
You can pay your registration by cheque or money order. You can also pay by Visa or MasterCard by calling the MVR on 1300 654 628 once your application form has been received.