Register your heavy vehicle in the NT
Apply to register your heavy vehicle
Before you apply to register your heavy vehicle you will need:
- a roadworthy inspection report
- a compliance check if seeking first time registration in the NT or for vehicle identity validation
- to fill in an R11 form Application to register a vehicle
- to fill in an R44 form Rigid truck or prime mover nomination for national heavy vehicle registration .
How to apply
Submit your completed forms, roadworthy inspection report and compliance check (if needed) at a MVR office.
You will then have to pay a heavy vehicle registration fee - by cash, EFTPOS, Visa or MasterCard.
You can pay your registration for a period of:
- one month
- three months
- six months
- nine months
- 12 months.
The registration certificate will show the following information:
- name and garage or postal address of nominated operator
- name and address of registered owner/s if different to nominated operator.
Email your completed forms, inspection report and compliance check (if needed) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MVR will call you for your credit card details to pay the heavy vehicle registration fee.
Send your completed forms, the original inspection report and compliance check (if needed) to:
Motor Vehicle Registry
GPO Box 530
Darwin NT 0801
You can pay your registration by cheque or money order. You can also pay by Visa or MasterCard by calling the MVR on 1300 654 628 once your documents have been received.
Last updated: 12 September 2018