Building complaints and disputes

Resolve a payment dispute

If you are having problems with a refusal to pay - such as an owner refusing to pay a builder, or a builder refusing to pay a sub-contractor - you can apply to the Northern Territory (NT) adjudication scheme for help with your construction contract. 

NT law also provides minimum standards that both parties must follow if your construction contract fails to cover an issue.

Read more about construction contracts and resolving disputes.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 31 March 2016

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.