Permits for commercial photos, filming in parks

Types of permits to film in parks

You can get any of these permits to take commercial photos or film in a park: 

  • standard photography permit
  • non-standard photography permit
  • annual photography permit.

Standard photography

Permits for standard photography cost $55.

Standard photography is where:

  • you are not taking unusual images
  • you do not need special access or activity 
  • there are no cultural concerns to Aboriginal Traditional Owners
  • you do not need to be supervised. 

An outcome on applications for this permit can take up to five days. 

Non-standard photography

Non-standard photography costs $55, plus extra fees depending on what you want to do.

Non-standard photography is where:

  • you are taking unusual images
  • you need special access or activities
  • you need to be supervised
  • you want to do something that may raise concerns with Aboriginal Traditional Owners.

If the park is not jointly-managed, it can take up to 14 days for you to get an outcome on your permit application. 

However, if the park is jointly-managed, it can take up to 35 days for you to get an outcome on your permit application. 

If you are a tourism photojournalist or agent contact the Parks and Wildlife Commission Permits and Concessions office.

Annual photography

Permits for annual photography cost $55.

You can get this kind of permit if you meet all of the following conditions:

  • you are an individual photographer or film-maker
  • you are producing stock images or footage
  • you are doing standard photography (see standard photography information above)
  • you have no sets or props
  • you have no crew or paid models
  • there is no risk to the public or the park
  • you will not use the material for advertising without approval from Parks and Wildlife.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 10 February 2016

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!