Permits to drive off road in parks

You need a permit to drive off-road in a park or reserve in the Northern Territory (NT). 

Before you apply to get a permit make sure you understand all the rules and guidelines for safety, comfort and permits in parks and reserves.

How to apply

To apply for an off-road permit you must complete the following steps: 

Step 1. Fill in the off-road permit form.

Step 2. Attach a map or a plan of your driving route and camp sites to your permit form.

Step 3. Submit your forms and map by email, fax, or in person to the Parks and Wildlife Commission concessions and permits office.

When your permit expires

When your permit expires, contact the Parks and Wildlife employee listed on your permit to tell them you have left the park and that everyone in your group is safe.

Last updated: 10 February 2016

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!