Check road conditions
This page has information on how to check road closures and road conditions in the Northern Territory.
Check conditions on all NT government roads
Go to the government's Road Report website.
This website also has information on the condition of roads on Aboriginal land.
Permits may be required when travelling on roads through Aboriginal Land. Contact the relevant land council for further information.
Freecall 1800 246 199.
Check road conditions on council roads
To check the conditions of roads managed by councils contact the local council.
For more information go to who manages a road in the NT.
Check road conditions within NT parks – 4WD and 2WD tracks
To find out about access to parks, go to the following:
This includes access information on the following parks and reserves:
- Berry Springs
- Butterfly Gorge
- Casuarina point coastal reserve
- Charles Darwin National Park
- Djukbinj National Park
- Douglas River/Daly River Esplanade
- Fog Dam
- Garig Gunak Barnu National Park
- Harrison Dam
- Holmes Jungle Nature Park
- Howard Springs Hunting Reserve
- Howard Springs Nature Park
- Knuckey Lagoons Conservation Reserve
- Leaning Tree Lagoon Nature Park
- Leanyer Recreation Park
- Litchfield National Park
- Manton Dam Recreation area
- Mary River National Park
- Palmerston Water Park
- Point Stuart Coastal Reserve
- Shoal Bay Coastal Reserve
- Territory Wildlife Park
- Tjuwaliyan (Douglas) Hot Springs
- Tree Point Conservation Area
- Umbrawarra Gorge Nature Park
- Window on the Wetlands.
Check road conditions within national parks
Check road conditions in other states
Visit the ACT website
Phone: (02) 6207 2500
Visit the NSW website
Phone: 13 27 01
Visit the Queensland website
Phone: 1300 130 595
Visit the SA site
Phone: 1300 361 033
Visit the Tasmania site
Phone: 1300 135 513
Visit the Victoria site
Phone: 13 11 70
Visit the Main Roads WA website
Phone: 1800 013 314
Road conditions terminology
To read the road conditions terminology go to the publications page of the Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics website.
Last updated: 04 February 2019