Palmerston Water Park
Entrance is free. The park has the following features:
- 14m high, 100m long, six-lane racer water slide
- wet play area for families and toddlers
- water curtains
- shallow wading pool
- wet play area for teens with water cannons and bucket
- shaded picnic areas
- skate park.
Items you will need
You should bring the following to keep safe in the sun:
- sun cream
- a hat
- clothing to prevent sunburn
- drinking water.
Monday 30 April to Monday 21 May - the dump bucket will be closed for maintenance. The slides will be available for public use, opening at 10am during this time.
Monday 7 May to Monday 21 May - the toddlers' wet play area will be closed for maintenance. The slides will be available for public use, opening at 10am during this time.
|Day||Park including toilets, barbecues and dry play equipment||Lake / wet play areas||Slide||Slide - school / public holidays|
|Monday||9am to 6pm||10am to 6pm||2pm to 6pm||11am to 6pm|
|Tuesday||9am to 6pm||Closed||Closed||11am to 6pm|
|Wednesday||9am to 6pm||10am to 6pm||2pm to 6pm||11am to 6pm|
|Thursday||9am to 6pm||10am to 6pm||2pm to 6pm||11am to 6pm|
|Friday||9am to 6pm||10am to 6pm||2pm to 6pm||11am to 6pm|
|Saturday||9am to 6pm||10am to 6pm||11am to 6pm||11am to 6pm|
|Sunday||9am to 6pm||10am to 6pm||11am to 6pm||11am to 6pm|
|Public holiday||Palmerston Water Park and Leanyer Recreation Park|
|New Year's Day||Open|
|Anzac Day||Open after 1pm|
|Darwin Show Day||Open|
You must follow these rules:
- pets, smoking and alcohol are not allowed in the park
- children under 10 years must be supervised by a person 16 years or older
- parents and guardians must supervise their children at all times and be dressed ready to enter a pool
- a parent or guardian must be within arms' reach of children aged 0–5 years and weak swimmers or non-swimmers when they are in the water
- children aged 6-10 years need to be constantly supervised
- children aged 11-14 years should be regularly checked on by parents going to where they are in or around the water
- your child must be at least 110cm tall to ride on the giant slide
- pregnant women should not ride the giant slide.
Ensure that you actively supervise children and take full responsibility for their safety in the water.
Active supervision consists of four key elements:
- be prepared - ensure you have everything you need before getting into the water, such as towels and dry clothes
- be close - always be within arms' reach of your child
- all of your attention - focus all of your attention on your child by getting into the pool and talking and playing with them
- all of the time - you should never leave your child alone in the water or in the care of an older child, or assume that your responsibility diminishes due to the presence of lifeguards.