Find a sports facility

Arafura Stadium

Arafura Stadium


The Arafura Athletics Stadium hosts all of the following events:

  • training
  • event bookings
  • school carnivals
  • state championships
  • international sports events such as the Arafura Games.

How to book

To book Arafura Stadium follow these steps:

Step 1. If you are a not-for-profit organisation, excluding schools, call (08) 8945 1979 to find out how much it costs.

Step 2. Fill in the stadium user hire form PDF (801.6 KB). You should read and understand the conditions before you sign.

Step 3. Submit the form via email to the NT sports facility booking contacts.

Step 4. Pay by bank account transfer at least 30 days before your event or you may have to pay a late booking fee. See the stadium user hire form for details.

Rental fees

You must pay a $200 bond before you can rent this facility and equipment.

You can't get the bond back if the facilities are damaged or left untidy.

Hourly rental

$65 per hour.

Day rate

$650 per day.

A day rental includes all of the following:

  • hire of stadium from 8am to 4pm
  • set up and pack up
  • first-aid room hire
  • one staff member on call for the duration of the booking.

You will be charged $75 per hour for every hour or portion of an hour you use over the eight-hour limit.

Light towers

$65 per hour.

The stadium has full flood lighting after 6pm.

Set up and pack up

A $200 fee is charged for a half-day rental or if you hire the track by the hour.

Barbecue hire

$35 per day - gas is not provided.

Public announcement system

$75 per day - includes a radio microphone.

First-aid station

$50 per day.

Opening hours

7am to 7pm Monday to Friday.

9am to 12 noon Saturday.


Athletics NT
Phone: (08) 8945 1796


40 Abala Road

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 01 May 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.