Sport and recreation
Programs and facilities that help Territorians access sport, recreation and cultural activities.
- Sport voucher scheme: urban
The Sport voucher scheme gives kids access to sport, recreation and cultural activities in urban areas of the Northern Territory.
- Sport voucher scheme: remote
The Sport voucher scheme gives kids access to sport, recreation and cultural activities in remote areas of the Northern Territory (NT).
- Learn to swim vouchers for your child
Information about how you can get swim vouchers for your pre-school aged child from the Learn to Swim Voucher Program.
- Register your swim school for Learn to Swim vouchers
This page has information on how to register your swim school to join the Learn to Swim Voucher scheme.
- How to acknowledge sports grant funding
How to acknowledge the sports grant support you get.
- Before you apply for a sport and active recreation grant
What you should do before you apply for a sports grant.
- Apply for a sport or active recreation grant online
Use the online system called GrantsNT to apply for a sports grant in the Northern Territory.
- Sport and active recreation grants: grass roots
Find out about funding to help your sports organisation or club deliver services and programs.
- Sport and active recreation grants: urgent funding
Learn how your sports organisation can access the Quick Response Investment Grant Program to get urgent funding for unexpected expenses.
- Sport funding sources
There are many sources of sports funding - see a list of funding organisations.
- Remote sport program
Find out about funding available for remote sport programs in the NT.
- Holiday activities for young people
Information for parents and school aged children about school holiday activities across the Northern Territory.
- Water activities in the Top End
Canoeing, kayaking, jet skiing, water skiing, diving and sailing in the Top End.
- Mountain biking
Alice Springs, Araluen, Simpson's Gap, Nitmiluk National Park, Casuarina Coastal Reserve and Charles Darwin National Park mountain bike trails.
Go to the Territory Rocks website for information on fossicking in the Northern Territory.