Sport and recreation
Programs and facilities that help Territorians access sport, recreation and cultural activities.
To find out about the Northern Territory Sports Academy, go to the Department of Territory Families, Housing and Communities website.
- Sport Voucher Scheme: urban
The Sport Voucher Scheme gives kids access to sport, recreation and cultural activities in urban areas of the Northern Territory.
- Get Learn to Swim vouchers for your child
Information about how you can get swim vouchers for your pre-school aged child from the Learn to Swim program.
- Register your swim school for Learn to Swim vouchers
This page has information on how to register your swim school to join the Learn to Swim program.
- Before you apply for a sport and active recreation grant
What you should do before you apply for a sports grant.
- Apply for a sport or active recreation grant online
Use the online system called GrantsNT to apply for a sports grant in the Northern Territory.
- Sport and active recreation grants: grass roots
Find out about funding to help your sports organisation or club deliver services and programs.
- Quick Response Places and Spaces Grant Program
Find out how your sport or active recreation organisation can get funding for equipment and facility expenses or repairs.
- National Selection Grant Program
- Remote sport program
Find out about funding available for remote sport programs in the NT.
- How to acknowledge sports grant funding
How to acknowledge the sports grant support you get.
- Sport funding sources
There are many sources of sports funding - see a list of funding organisations.
- Holiday activities for young people
Information for parents and school aged children about school holiday activities across the Northern Territory.
- Water activities in the Top End
Canoeing, kayaking, jet skiing, water skiing, diving and sailing in the Top End.
- Mountain biking
Alice Springs, Araluen, Simpson's Gap, Nitmiluk National Park, Casuarina Coastal Reserve and Charles Darwin National Park mountain bike trails.
Go to the Territory Rocks website for information on fossicking in the Northern Territory.
- Find a sports facility
Get information about sports facilities in the Northern Territory including addresses, opening times, events and contact details.
- Contact Sport and Recreation
Contact information for the Department of Sport and Recreation in the Northern Territory.