Sport voucher scheme: urban
Get sport vouchers for your child
The sport voucher scheme is available to every school-enrolled child from transition to year 12 and home-schooled children.
Children living in an urban area are eligible to receive two $100 sport vouchers each year - one in January and one in July for sport, recreation and cultural activities.
Parents or carers need to apply for vouchers online each semester.
All vouchers expire on 31 May each year.
Sport vouchers can also be redeemed by registered activity providers who deliver swimming and music lessons within school hours.
Read the sport voucher scheme policy .
Apply online through GrantsNT. You will need to register if you don't have an account.
GrantsNT lets you:
- request vouchers
- see which activity providers are available
- keep track of where you've used your vouchers.
You can apply any time during the semester.
View a short video on how to apply for sport vouchers through GrantsNT.
If you don't have access to the internet, you can get help applying online from:
- the sport voucher team by calling 1800 817 860
- the activity provider you want to use
- your child's school.
Libraries also have computers with internet access. Find a library in the NT.
You can use vouchers at any of the registered sport, recreation and cultural activity providers.
This includes urban areas such as:
- Alice Springs
- Darwin rural
- Tennant Creek.
You can use a sport voucher to pay for any of the following:
- after-school, weekend sport and school holiday recreation and cultural activities, including:
- special events
- music or instrumental lessons and swimming programs delivered by registered activity providers during school hours
- vouchers must be redeemed by the registered activity provider, not the school
- registration and insurance
- membership fees
- a uniform for an activity your child is registered for that is purchased through the same activity provider including:
- team uniforms
- costumes for performances
- activity clothing
- equipment related to the program or activity your child is registered for when purchased through the same activity provider including:
- sports and recreation equipment
- instructional books
- music scores and scripts.
What you can't use a sport voucher for
You can't use a sport voucher for:
- activities or programs that are part of the school curriculum or during school hours - except swimming and music
- activities or programs that are part of the school curriculum or during school hours
- after-school care services and tutors
- school-run activities
- travel to and from competitions
- to buy equipment or uniforms from a retailer
- multiple activity providers
- payments to activity providers who are not registered.
You can't get cash refunds for all or part of the value of the sport voucher. You can't transfer your voucher to another child.
Read the sport voucher scheme policy for a detailed list of eligible and ineligible activities.
Last updated: 01 July 2022
Share this page:URL copied!