Apply for or renew greyhound attendant registration
You must be registered to handle greyhounds during race meetings at greyhound tracks in the Northern Territory (NT).
You are not required to have any formal training to become a greyhound attendant but you must demonstrate knowledge of all the following handling procedures:
- kennel greyhounds at race meetings or trials
- parade greyhounds to starting boxes
- place greyhounds in starting boxes
- catch greyhounds at the end of a race.
Attendant age restrictions
You must be the following ages to be an attendant:
- at least 16 years to handle dogs not owned by a parent or legal guardian
- at least 14 years of age to handle dogs owned by a parent or legal guardian.
Apply for attendant registration
A greyhound attendant registration is valid for two years with an expiry date of 28 February.
Before you apply
You must provide all of the following information:
- previous racing disqualifications or other disciplinary actions
- previous fines or criminal history.
You must also be able to demonstrate your ability to handle a greyhound.
How to apply
You must follow all of these steps to apply for an attendant registration:
Step 1. Fill in a greyhound attendant form.
Step 2. Check the application fee.
Step 3. Submit your application and fee at a Territory Business Centre.
Attendant registration renewal
You must follow all of these steps to renew your attendant registration:
Step 1. Fill in a greyhound attendant renewal form.
Step 2. Check the renewal fee.
Step 3. Submit your renewal and fee at a Territory Business Centre.
Greyhound attendant registration outside of NT
Your NT greyhound attendant licence may be recognised in other Australian states and territories.
If you have an interstate licence you should contact Licensing NT to find out it if your licence is recognised in NT.
Last updated: 04 February 2020
Share this page: