Greyhound animal welfare
- access to food and water
- safe and secure accommodation and living conditions
- prevention and treatment of disease or injury
- control of parasites
- freedom from fear and distress.
How to meet your requirements
To help you meet welfare requirements, the Northern Territory Racing Commission (NTRC) has created a policy for the welfare of racing greyhounds.
The policy is for new and current greyhound owners, trainers and other people responsible for greyhounds.
It sets guidelines on topics like ownership, housing, training, breeding and retirement.
This policy also:
- specifies minimum requirements for housing, physical and behavioural needs, including those used for:
- breeding and rearing
- boarding and training
- helps appointed officials assess each individual and property where greyhounds are kept
- ensures industry participants show their duty of care for greyhounds.
To find out more, read the greyhound racing welfare policy .
Last updated: 31 August 2022
Share this page:URL copied!