Greyhound racing heat policy
Maximum allowed temperatures
Day and twilight meetings will be cancelled if the estimated daily maximum is over:
- 35 degrees Celsius, unless a vet is in attendance
- 40 degrees Celsius.
Racing stewards and a vet can determine if a night meeting should be cancelled.
- kennels to be opened later
- greyhounds to spend minimum time outside
- parade greyhounds directly to starting boxes
- greyhounds to remain in kennel house for at least 30 minutes after their event
- adequate drinking facilities, including ice water for greyhounds.
Last updated: 31 August 2022
Share this page:URL copied!