Apply for a criminal history check

This page has information about applying for a national police history check.

Apply now

On the NT Police website

To apply online for a national police check you will need all of the following: 

  • a credit or debit card for payment - MasterCard or Visa only
  • your email address 
  • scanned copies of your identity documents.

If you are not an Australian resident

If you need a criminal history record check for Australian citizenship, residency, spouse visa or guardianship you must apply to the Australian Federal Police.

For more details go to the Australian Federal Police website.

You can also fill in a form and submit by mail or in person.

To get the SafeNT criminal history check form, go to the Police, Fire and Emergency Services website.

How to pay

You can pay SafeNT either:

  • in person with cash, cheque, money order or credit card
  • or by mail with cheque, money order or credit card authorisation - do not send cash. 

In person

Ground Floor
77 Smith Street 
Phone: 1800 723 368  

By mail

NT Police
PO Box 39764
Winnellie NT

Last updated: 28 November 2017