Gaming machines in clubs and pubs

Who can apply for gaming machines

You can apply for a gaming machine licence if you are any of the following:

  • a club, public hotel or tavern liquor licence holder 
  • a transferee of an approved liquor licence 
  • an applicant for a relevant liquor licence. 

You can apply for a liquor licence and a gaming machine licence at the same time. 

You can also apply for a licence to increase the number of gaming machines you have up to a limit.

If you hold a gaming machine licence you must do all of the following: 


Your premises must be covered by your liquor licence. If you want to make alterations to your premises for the gaming machines you must apply for a material alteration under the Liquor Act.

Read about making changes to licensed premises.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 14 March 2016

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.