Oversize or overmass vehicles

Escort vehicle operator: apply or renew

To apply for an escort vehicle licence, you must have:

  • the ability to escort oversize loads from 3.5m wide up to and including 7.5m wide
  • a current C class driver licence
  • a current criminal history check
  • one work-related written reference
  • an accredited pilot appointment
  • completed the training module 'plan and navigate routes' with a registered training organisation
  • a log book or other proof showing you have piloted:
    • 10 loads in a two pilot situation
    • 5 loads involving an Northern Territory accredited oversize escort operator or authorised officer (police).

How to apply

To apply, you must follow these steps:

Step 1. Fill in the application or renewal escort vehicle operator appointment PDF (524.6 KB).

Step 2. Submit your application and supporting documents by emailing mvr.accreditation@nt.gov.au or by mailing it to:

Chief Transport Inspector
Vehicle Inspection Facility
PO Box 2520
Darwin NT 0801

Step 3. You will be contacted to pay the required fee.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 19 July 2022

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!