Escort vehicle operator: apply or renew
This page has information on how to get an escort vehicle licence.
Before you apply
You will need to have all of the following:
- the ability to escort oversize loads from 3.5m wide up to and including 7.5m wide
- a current C class driver licence
- a current criminal history check
- one work related character reference
- an accredited pilot appointment
- completed the training module 'Plan and Navigate Routes' with a registered training organisation
- a log book or other proof to demonstrate you have piloted 10 loads in a two pilot situation and five loads involving an Northern Territory (NT) accredited oversize escort operator or authorised officer (police).
How to apply
You can send your application and documents to:
Chief Transport Inspector
Motor Vehicle Registry
PO Box 530
Darwin NT 0801
You can pay your fee by Visa or MasterCard by calling 1300 654 628.
You can submit your application form in in person at a MVR office. You can pay your fee by Visa, MasterCard, cash, cheque or EFTPOS.